All of the links on this page are to external websites.
Patient Support Organisations
The following organisations provide advice and support to patients in making complaints:
The following organisations regulate particular professions and would investigate fitness to practice concerns.
• General Medical Council for complaints about a doctor
• Nursing and Midwifery Council for complaints about a nurse or midwife
• Health Care Professions Council for complaints about an allied health professional, e.g. a psychologist, physiotherapist or social worker
The following organisations regulate independent and NHS healthcare providers across the four countries and would investigate an alleged breach of regulation:
Other organisations focused on quality in private healthcare
• Private Healthcare Information Network – PHIN is the independent, government-mandated source of information about private healthcare. You can find useful information and get further help regarding Private Healthcare here.
• Independent Healthcare Partners Network – IHPN is the representative body for independent sector healthcare providers. IHPN does not handle complaints but will be able to provide information on providers